Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Feature- Book Review:Marriage and children four book series

Asalamu alaikum,

This is a four book set that I had picked up at the book store in the Masjid I used to attend in Florida.

  • The Quest for Love and Mercy
  • Closer than a Garment
  • The Fragile Vessels
  • Our Precious Sprouts 

As a new Muslim and at that time being newly married I found these incredibly helpful. Learning the rights responsibilities of each spouse according to Islam can be confusing at times, this laid out everything in a very easy to follow manner. There are translations of each hadith /ayat used and detailed explanations.

The fourth, Our Precious Sprouts has been useful with each of my children. I sometimes have problems with cultural traditions that go against Islam, so it is good to have on a hand a reference book to be able to sort out what is allowed and what I should keep away from my children.

This book set seems to be geared towards slightly to the right of moderate Muslims. I would still recommend it even if you follow a more progressive branch of Islam, it is an excellent reference.

3 comments:

Amy Naqvi said...

As Salam Alaikum!

I just came across your page! So amazing and what a beautiful job you did! The reason I found it was because I was looking for tutorials on sewing shalwar kameez. Then your page popped up! I got so excited because I am an American married to a Pakistani man from Karachi Pakistan. Although our stories are a bit different. We visited Pakistan but have always lived in the US. We have been married for over 25 years and have three children. Of course it has been a struggle with some of the cultural differences but I consider myself blessed to have met and married my husband. My children are very good too....I did not go through the problems lots of American families face with their adolescent kids. Alhumdillah!! Ha! But so happy to read your page.

Thank you,

Amy

Amy Naqvi said...

As Salam Alaikum!

I just came across your page! So amazing and what a beautiful job you did! The reason I found it was because I was looking for tutorials on sewing shalwar kameez. Then your page popped up! I got so excited because I am an American married to a Pakistani man from Karachi Pakistan. Although our stories are a bit different. We visited Pakistan but have always lived in the US. We have been married for over 25 years and have three children. Of course it has been a struggle with some of the cultural differences but I consider myself blessed to have met and married my husband. My children are very good too....I did not go through the problems lots of American families face with their adolescent kids. Alhumdillah!! Ha! But so happy to read your page.

Thank you,

Amy

Amy Naqvi said...


I just came across your page! So amazing and what a beautiful job you did! The reason I found it was because I was looking for tutorials on sewing shalwar kameez. Then your page popped up! I got so excited because I am an American married to a Pakistani man from Karachi Pakistan. Although our stories are a bit different. We visited Pakistan but have always lived in the US. We have been married for over 25 years and have three children. Of course it has been a struggle with some of the cultural differences but I consider myself blessed to have met and married my husband. My children are very good too....I did not go through the problems lots of American families face with their adolescent kids. Alhumdillah!! Ha! But so happy to read your page.

Amy