Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Feature- Book Review: Two Islamic children's books

Asalamu alaikum,

As Saad gets older I wanted to get him some books of Prophets stories or stories with Islamic themes that we can  read together.


These are part of a set that I got on a trip to Saddar's Urdu Bazar. I was able to pick up two- Stories of the Ambiya for Children and Stories of the Qur'an for Youth both by Sheikh Hamid Ahmed Tahir. There is a third(Stories of the Sahabah for Children) which was not in stock at that time, inshAllah I can pick up another time.

Though they are too advanced for Saad to read alone still, we read them together and he enjoys them, generally choosing them over his other story books. The language is somewhat simple and at the end of each section there is a list of beneficial lessons, some simple questions and answers, and fill in the blanks to reinforce what he has heard.

I am working on some lesson plans for Saad (I want to supplement his formal education, which is kind of lacking in many ways), and am using these as one of our resources for Islamiat lessons.

No comments: