Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Feature: Yet another long absence update post :-)

Asalamu alaikum,

Anybody still out there? ;-)

So lots of stuff happening, but we are still in Karachi. Since my last post of any substance(a looong time ago) we have had a wedding in the family(SIL#3) MashAllah, Saad took third position in his first year of school(KG 1), Tariq had a visa interview and got put into the Dreaded Administrative Processing(ahhhhh!), and we are currently expecting our second child(due any day now!).

I am trying to get as much as I can done before the little one arrives. Working on getting the WIP pile to a more manageable size, started a couple baby knits and crochet projects(someone else is expecting also, so lots of baby stuff to get working on), rearranging our room, and cleaning like a mad woman(when I have the energy for it).

Some days I get more done, some days it is all I can do to keep us in clean clothes and get something cooked up to eat. Alhamdullilah it is all slowly getting done though. InshAllah two SILs are coming back from UAE soon, so that will be a great help. It is always easier to have people to lean on when you need help, one of the benefits of a joined family, always somebody there :-)

InshAllah I really want to try to get a bit more posts going on the blog, we'll see how that goes! I have been thinking about an update on my original shalwar kameez tutorials, as I have been improving my technique and learning new little tricks. The originals are kind of basic, I suppose I could just post the improved bits as mini tutorials. Might be easier than trying to re-write the whole things!

InshAllah I'll be back to regular posting soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum sister,

It was very nice to see an update from you. Congratulations to you soon to be mommy for 2nd baby, Alhamdulillah, Masha Allah. I am so happy for you!! Rest and Relax and enjoy this time before baby comes, then with 2 kids, life tends to get more busy. Hope to you hear from you soon in regards to any new posts, it is always a delight to read your blog.


Your sincere blog follower,

Fatima (Toronto, Canada)

umm mini said...

Wa alaykum Salaam,

Masha'Allah congrats on pregnancy. insha'Allah you'll have a good delivery.

Insha'Allah you'll have time to blog. but it'a already good hearing your doing fine

Umme Yusuf said...

Congratulations on your impending arrival, masha Allah. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and the baby.

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam sis and iA you are doing well! Hate to hear he got put in the A.P. :( I'm praying my husband bypasses that; Jamaica isn't exactly a hot-spot of Islamic extremism so iA we'll see. I'll make dua for you sis.