Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Feature- Life Right Now

Asalamu alaikum,

Lately I feel like my life is kind of ocean like. I have this feeling like I have just been thrown in with a weight tied to my feet. It is pulling me down and it takes all my energy to just keep my head above water.

Because I am using all my energy to keep my head up I have none left to change course. I am just being pulled along by currents, this way and that way.

At other times there is no current and I am just struggleing to keep afloat in the middle of nowhere.Trying to keep my head up with no direction at all, not going forward or back.

Sometimes things happen that make the weight around my feet heavier and pull me under for a while. Losses, setbacks in plans, delays, disappointments, all feel like water filling my mouth, drowning.

Alhamdullilah I am still here, just trying to keep up with life. InshAllah it will get better soon.

As soon as life gets unpaused, and we start to move forward again. InshAllah it will get better then.

When I have the energy to untie the weight from my feet. InshAllah it will get better then.



Just a little note about comments, I have been away so long that they have kind of built up, I have read them, but please forgive me if I don't reply to all of them.

5 comments:

Garpu said...

Hello! Good to hear you're floating along! Here's hoping things resolve soon. :)

Gori and Khan said...

Salam! I read your post and could identify exactly with what you wrote. You are not alone and God is with you. We are promised that we are not given more than we handle. So keep your chin up and know that the sun always shines after it rains. God bless you.

The Gori Wife said...

Salaam, prayers for you. Hoepfully an "up" period is right around the corner for you. Love your blog, by the way, even if I haven't gotten a chance to stop by in some time!

Umme Yusuf said...

Assalaam o alaikom. Lots of prayers for you, hope the things begin to look up soon.

luckyfatima said...

How are you doing now? It's been almost a couple of weeks since your wrote this. I hope all is well.