Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Feature-More Churiyan(bangles)

Asalamu alaikum,

I have posted before about bangles,here,, but I wanted to post something more(and some prettier bangle pics!)
Ghar ki churiyan(House bangles), in four colors. Clear, green, purple, red.

Ghar ki churiyan are what I wear on a daily basis. I usually keep my two gold bangles on my left(smaller hand, harder to get on and off the right hand) and a dozen glass on the right hand. They are a bit stronger than the plain bangles, and have designs cut into them and a gold-ish shine to them.

Ghar ki churiyan in multi colored glass.
Plated gold set for when I really want to bling it up. Much bigger and heavier than my actual gold, but the clinking sound is not as pretty.


Churiyan storage rack.

I have a simple wood storage rack for some of my most used bangles. The rest I keep in boxes. There are some really pretty glass cases, but I figure this one will be easier to take apart for when we go back to the states. We also have built in closets in the bedrooms that have one section that is for churiyan and has built in poles for hanging. My SIL's have like six poles(about 3 feet wide), completely filled.

Several of my favorite sets-


2 comments:

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

I love choriyein more than everything .
I just bought new set a week ago.

Jumma mubarak ;)

Thinking said...

hmm...beautiful...