Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Feature-In case of ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Asalamu Alaikum,

I think I watch too many zombie movies. I have actually mapped out my Zombie Apocalypse plan. I have different plans, depending on where we happen to be living at the time.

I think it would be easier to defend our house in Pakistan, and it has more space. I figure that if we can see it coming(like in Resident Evil) we could stock up on supplies, dry goods and petrol(for the generator). If we can't see it coming(kind of like in 28 Days Later, it happened pretty fast) it may be a bit more difficult. The roof has plenty of space to grow vegetables, maybe keep some chickens. We have a water pump, so we would have water, but without the gas lines how to boil it? We would eventually run out of stuff to burn.We might be able to hold out for a year or more, with a lot of hard work. It is also very defensible, steel grills on the windows, and nothing higher than our house on three sides.

In the UAE, the house space is limited, but there is the huge yard. Also good for growing vegetables, and my BIL already has a bunch of chickens. The biggest problems would be getting water, and what happens after the electricity finally goes. It gets really hot in the desert, and we are all pretty accustomed to having AC in the summer. The yard is somewhat less defensible, with higher buildings on two sides.

I think what I have learned from this is that I watch far too much TV, and I think I will be cutting down!

3 comments:

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum dear sister,

looool, this one really made me laugh.I used to be a real zombie movie freak as well.I used to watch one at least everyday!When I stopped it, I couldn't go back to it, it felt gross and disgusting.lol I guess it's like when people quit smoking, they can't even stand the smell of cigarette afterwards!

Lot of love

FarhanJ said...

Unlike you id like to attack zombies with cutting edge weaponry with a team. The team of 7 members would form a circle so that everyone's back is covered. One member would remain in the middle to reload ammunition. Like this the team would eliminate every zombie in the building.
I was taking a blog tour and stumbled upon yours along the way so thought of leaving a comment :)

Karen O'Grady said...

Dear Daughter....the hot sun would rot the zombies quicker....so they would be easier to kill...
I'm with FarhanJ...I think Joe would like to be in on the killing!! He and I used to watch the new show, "The Walking Dead" on tv. This season I am watching it alone, but he still likes zombies...
Is this a family thing?? Our genes are coded to really like zombie movies?? lol