Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Feature-Just an update today

Asalamu Alaikum,

InshAllah I will work on updating more, I have been having a bit of a rough time lately. :-)

So I have had two colds coming right after another, and Saad has been sick at the same time. So for a couple days there we basically just snuggled up in bed and were miserable together! While we were sick Tariq had to go away on business to a little place close to the Saudi border called Silah. While he was there working, he got sick too! Poor guy was all alone, with no one to take care of him.Alhamdullilah we all got better, and now just have a bit of the sniffles.

There is also a lot of family drama that seems to be somewhat normal in a lot of the joined families that I know.  I am just trying to be patient, because we have recently had some good news-

Our I-130 petition was approved! This is just the first step in our process, InshAllah it will all go as smoothly. I just keep praying it doesn't take too long, as I really want to go home. I miss my family. They haven't seen Saad since he was like four months old, it is really time to go now. Please make dua for us.

I have finished the vest I was working on for my father in law(inshAllah pics soon!), it is a very satisfying piece of knitting. I worked really hard, with small needles, and somewhat fine yarn(for the non knitters-small needles and yarn, generally means longer time to knit as the stitches are smaller), without a pattern, and it turned out wonderfully! Alhamdulillah!

So that is the basics of what's up lately,


3 comments:

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum sister,

Congrats on the aproval of the petition!May ALLAH SWT make the rest of the process swift!Ameen.

Indeed everything happens when ALLAH SWT has decided it's the right time for it to happen!

Lot of love

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam sis and I am so happy the petition was approved! I think you should do a post on your trials and travails with immigration. I pray Allah makes it easy for you both, amin!

Umm Mini said...

Wa alaykum salaam,

Good to hear you're all (almost) better alhamdulillah. I hope the family drama also passed.

Don't know what the petition means but glad it's approved.

May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala make it possible for you and your family to go to the US.
Ameen on the adi'ya.