Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Knitting Wips

Asalamu alaikum,

Just a quick update on what I am knitting now that my Seascape Stole is done.

I started another vest for my father in law. He had a friend who was coming from Pakistan to UAE bring eight skeins each of black and white acrylic yarn, about three years ago. I just got around to starting this one, but I hope to finish it quickly. It is not from a pattern, but he had a sweater(different pattern) that the wife of a friend of his had knitting like 25 years ago, with almost the same gauge(same stitches to the inch but I had less rows to the inch), so I am basing it on that.

He was pretty specific about how he wanted it, with diamonds, and the diamonds must be two inches tall, and there has to be a black stripe between each row of diamonds.

I also started a pair of Jaywalker socks. These have been in my Rav queue since like 2008. I am making the smallest size and these are totally going to be MINE. I like the way the pattern is looking so far. I am going for the toe up version instead of top down, as I want to make them as long as possible.

I have been trying to post this for a week now, but I am having some trouble with uploading the pics. I have given up on trying and so you'll just have to imagine how they look for now ;-) InshAllah I'll be able to get it fixed soon. Also this is part of the reason I have not posted any sewing tutorials in a while, so once it is fixed then I can start posting them again.

No comments: