Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gone Away, Gone Ahead...

Asalamu alaikum,


I have just read that my favorite author, Anne McCaffrey has died. Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi Rajioon.

My mother first introduced me to Anne's books when I was about 12-13, when she gave me a copy of Dragonflight . I have read almost every book she wrote, over and over again, so much that I know many of the stories by heart. These are the books that I can always return to and read again, no matter how many times I've read them before. Her work was so moving, I can remember that at the end of All the Weyrs of Pern, I cried when Masterharper Robinton died. The characters of her books feel so real, like family and friends.

I cry now, because she is gone, but I am happy that her books are here to remind me of her. Each time I read them I will remember her. Rest in peace, Anne, we all loved you and will miss you very much.

No comments: