Saturday, October 1, 2011

Small Moments, SubhanAllah.

Asalamu alaikum,

Last night we decided to go for a drive into the city. We drove down the road toward the entry onto the high way, music blaring. Just as we got to the entry, Tariq turned the music off.

I looked across the high way, and through the leaves of the palm trees I saw some thing beautiful.

The masjid across the high way was lit up, the minaret and a dome glowing a light green. Behind the masjid I could see the crescent of the moon. It was just at the start of Isha, and looking at this sight I heard the adhan start. SubhanAllah, it was a wonderful moment, the kind that just brings peace to the heart.

All the stress I have had recently melted away for an instant.

After the adhan finished, the fighting over whether to listen to a cassette or FM, and the shouts to turn up the volume returned and the moment was gone. Alhamdulillah for simple joys, for the moments of ease after hardships.

1 comment:

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum dear sister,

Indeed after hardship there is ease.Alhamdulillah for all those beautiful simple moments that remind us of ALLAH SWT's infinite Rahma and Might.

I have given you ana ward, please check my blog!

Lot of love