Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Feature-Negativity and Anger

Asalamu Alaikum,

I don't like negatives. I don't enjoy angry, negative people. It just seems like such a waste to go around being angry/negative all the time. Any time I am in a bad mood, when I feel like shouting at everyone around me for being so annoying, it is just so stressful for me. I very quickly drop what ever is making me so angry.

I wonder how people can be so negative, so much of the time? Don't they get stressed? Isn't it hard to keep up the anger, doesn't it take too much of their energy?

I also feel like it makes me feel old, truly down to my bones ancient. When there are things going on that I have no control over that make me angry, I feel like it ages me years in only days.

I have tried to ignore what bothers me, but that only works for so long before I just get so stressed from the negativity that I want to scream.

So instead, I try to pray more. Praying keeps me calm. The feeling when I make sujood, and then raise my head up, just brings me peace. I finish my prayers and make dua, and just leave what I can't control, to Allah(swt). I can't control annoying people/situations, but I can stop being angry myself. That is what helps, letting go of what I can't control.

No comments: