Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Feature- Just the Right Fit

Asalamu alaikum,

When Saad was first born, it was easy to hold him in one arm. His head fit in the crook of an elbow and his backside in the palm of a hand. He was always curled up with his feet against his chest. He fit just right.

As he got bigger, he no longer fit in one arm. But he did fit nicely on one hip. He used to sit perched on a hip like a small bird, always looking around at everything. With him perched there, I could put one arm around him and lay my chin on the top of his head. Still he fit just right.

Now he is even bigger. He still fits on one hip(though rarely now, he prefers walking), but no longer can I lay me chin on his head. He is at just the right height for nose to nose snuggles on his hip perch. A different fit, but still just right.

Most of the time he prefers walking to being held, and he can put his little hand in mine without either of us having to reach very far. A very comfortable feeling, holding his little hand, just the right height. I think he will always be the right fit for me no matter how big he gets.

6 comments:

Cris. said...

Very beautiful!.

Thinking said...

hhmmm...very beautiful...

A mother is always accommodating for her children...whatever their age is...

Umm Aaminah said...

Masha'allah sis very sweet. :-)

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum sis,

MashALLAH, I guess our boys will always be our babies no matter how big they become!

Nafisa said...

May Allah keeps you all safe. You gave me such a warm feeling while reading this.

Umm Mini said...

Masha'Allah. I was just wondering how old he is, but I already found out.