Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Feature-Ramadhan Wrap up.

Asalamu alaikum,

InshAllah everybody had a good month! Alhamdullilah I completed my goal of learning four surahs. I completed surahs- An Nasr, Al Ma-un, Quraish, and Al Fil, though the last I still have to pause a bit and picture the words on the page to remember them.

I had added another goal on the first night of Ramadhan, I wanted to pray every sunah and nafl prayer in addition to the fard prayers. Sometimes I get lazy and only do sunah and fard or only fard. I make excuses like "it will take too much time" or "I'm too tired". Alhamdulillah not this month! Almost every single day I was able to make all my prayers fully. About a week in I had a realization during Isha prayer, it doesn't really take so much time at all, why hadn't I been praying more before?
InshAllah I can keep this up, please make dua for me that I don't listen to the whispers that urge me to cut my prayers short.

My goal of completing the dishes everyday before fajr went better than expected. I was able to get everything cleaned up for about the first two thirds of the month. After that a little trip interrupted my little plan.

Which brings us to The Big News-on the 20th, we left Pakistan and came to join the rest of the family in Abu Dhabi for the end of Ramadhan and Eid. Alhamdullilah, it is really enjoyable being all together again. Little problems, but nothing out of the ordinary. So we are here for a little while anyway, don't know how long though, the situation in Karachi is not so good right now so we plan to stay for a bit more, and we'll see what happens. Eventually we'll have to go back, as we still have some work to do.

We have already had a couple little adventures here, and so I have a couple more posts in the works on what we've been up too, InshAllah I will start working on that in the next couple days.

2 comments:

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam sis. Masha'Allah I am so proud you completed all your surahs! That is wonderful really. :-)

Ma salaama...

Thinking said...

hmmm....nice to read that you sticked to your plan....

Happy Eid Mubarik and be here soon.

http://thinkinglifeandyou.blogspot.com/