Sunday, August 21, 2011

FO-embroidered mobile case

Asalamu Alaikum,

-This is a scheduled post. I have decided to stop "live posts" during the month of Ramadhan, to try to concentrate more fully on what I need to during the month. Please don't hesitate to make comments, as I will be stopping in once in a while to check how every body is doing. Have a blessed month every one!

Last month I completed this mobile phone case for one of my sisters in law. I had made one for myself last year and she asked if I could make one for her. I did all the embroidery myself, the style is called "kamal kadai", and I learned it from this tutorial. I had made some practice swatches of this style last year before making my own mobile case, at the end of this post.
Front of the case, one full flower and two smaller ones.

Back of the case, one flower and initial.

I used sequins for the initial and the tips of the flowers, for a little bit of shine since my SIL likes fancy/shiny stuff.

3 comments:

Garpu said...

Gorgeous!

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam Sis! I love to make things for others; it just makes you feel good inside, doesn't it?

You are def one of my craftiest online friends; love to see your projects!

Ma salaama...

Thinking said...

hmmm....I wish my bhabi can make something like that for me...too....