Monday, July 25, 2011

Tensions

Asalam Alaikum,

Sorry for the long absence, I have just been having an off week. Family drama and the general atmosphere of the city have just gotten to me.

The situation in Karachi has been getting crazy, and it is nerve racking when Tariq has to go outside. For the past couple of days there have been 12-15 people killed each day. It is just nuts, all we can do is pray it will get better soon.

We did go to visit one of my SIL's the other day, and so that was fun. On the ride there we past some sort of rally near a rotary, they were complaining about something that included Amreekans, but Tariq refused to translate. On the way home we had to go by a different route because it was dark and the way we had come was a bit too remote to be driving around in the night.

I have also been trying to get ready for Ramadhan, getting the house in order, starting to work on memorizing some new surahs to get a jump on what I want to work on during the month. InshAllah I'll be posting more regularly, for a bit anyways.

1 comment:

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam sis. Once, when I was in India, Abu Aaminah came back from the masjid and was a bit shocked. Appears the imam there was verrry anti-"amreeki"an and said western women slept with dogs. Literally.

Authubillah! That type of ignorance and enflaming of public opinion really angers me. May Allah guide them, amin.