Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Feature-Ramadhan and scheduled posts

Asalamu alaikum,

The month of Ramadhan is coming up shortly, and InshAllah I will be cutting down a lot on the amount of time I spend on the internet, and by the end of the month I will be in the habit of using it much less. I think that will be a pretty good thing too, as I probably spend far too much time on random useless web surfing.

So I have decided to schedule some blog posts for the month, and not have any "live" posts. This will be the last live post this month. I will still come online once in a while to check how every one is doing and to publish any comments, so comment away!

I have already preparing. Thoroughly cleaning the house, started freezing things like kebabs, samose and other quick things. Basically things I can just pop in the frying pan and heat up for suhoor(pre-fasting meal) and fry up for iftar(fast breaking meal). Tried to think of some new stuff to learn to break up our routine, like tonight I learned how to make ras gulla(cheese based sweet in sugar syrup). I have been looking up different recipes and taking notes, to rotate with our regular favorites.

I have also started learning some new surah to add to what I already know, as I have a goal to meet during the month. I have already memorized surah Al-Lahab, and am working on surah An-Nasr.

InshAllah you will have a blessed month, I'll be back afterwards, live posting, and with a smaller internet habit! :-)

2 comments:

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum,

Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family!MashALLAH for your efforts in learning New Surahs, I have to start as well InshALLAH!

Lot of love

Roshni said...

Salaams my dear sister; I know I am a little late, but just wanted to say Ramadhan Kareem to you, the family and all in Karachi; I think of you every morning while watching the sehri show on GEO TV! Insha Allah the month is a blessed and peaceful one for your city; and I pray that you achieve all your goals and attain al the good things you desire Insha Allah, take care; and do keep us updated whenever you can Insha Allah.