Thursday, June 16, 2011

A site I love-Digital Dua

Asalamu Alaikum,

When I was a new Muslim I used to go to a weekly sister's halaka in the local masjid. After the main discussion, we would alternate learning either a dua, or a hadith. The duas came from a little booklet that they had given us-"Forty Rabbana". I love the book, and still have it today. Each dua is first written in Arabic, then a transliteration is under that, then a translation of the meanings.

My problem is that I don't read Arabic(well not really, I know the alphabet and can make out some words with difficulty), so even with the transliteration I still have difficulty with making what I say sound proper.

Some time ago I happened on this site that has the same duas as in the book plus others, and all the different parts of salah. Each has Arabic, a transliteration, English translation and most helpfully for me a recording. The site is called-Digital Dua. I find it very useful, and just wanted to tell as many people as possible about it.

1 comment:

Umm Mini said...

Salaam alaykum,

Jazaki Allahu ghairan, this is very usefull. We have booklet aswell, with the 3 forms, but I always have problems with the pronunciation as well.