Monday, June 20, 2011

It's all in how you look at it

Asalamu Alaikum,

Today has been another day of trouble with the lights. In the morning it went out 4-5 times, coming on only for 15 minutes before tripping again. It was a very frustrating morning.

After such a frustrating morning, the lights went again at 2:00pm. After that we were hopeful for a bit of a respite. Around 5:30pm Tariq had brought some cholay chaat as a snack so we sat down to eat.

We had just finished eating and it was almost 6:00pm. All of the sudden the lights went again. As the lights go you can hear four different types of exclamations-

1. Son of a B****
2. A long, drawn out "nahiiiiiin"(no), like in a dramatic scene of a bollywood movie.
3. Alhamdulillah, lights go way.
4. A great big belly laugh.

There are four people in the house, Saad, Tariq, one of his sisters, and I, can you guess which exclamation was from which person?

There are times when it is absolutely true that if you don't laugh, you'll cry.

6 comments:

Thinking said...

hmm...

let me try:

1 : Tariq
2 : Sisters
3 : You
4 : Saad

Whats my point?

Umm Aaminah said...

Hmmmmmm I want to say your SIL was the dramatic "noooooooooooo", Saad said alhamdulillah, Tariq was "SOB!" and you laughed.

Am I right? Lemme know!

PS: I would have been Alhamdulillah or SOB, depending on how peaceful I felt at the moment. LOL

Adventurous Ammena said...

Im guessing 1 is Tariq, 2 is his sister, 3 is you and 4 is saadi :D am I right?? Do I get a prize??

I cant believe how random they have been lately :(

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum sister,

I just came across your blog thanzks to another sister (Umm Aaminah from the US).I am myself a French revert sister married to a pakistani and we might end up living in Islamabad for a while.I have many questions about life there in Pakistan, you can find them on the latest post of my blog.I would be really thankful if I could contact you and enquire about life with children in Pakistan INSHALLAH.
JazakALLAH Khair.

♥●• Izdiher·•●♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aishah said...

Salams all!

So this is who's who-
1.Tariq
2.sister
3.Saad
4.Me

I just had to laugh at the situation, and Saad says alhamdulillah for just about every thing. Tariq gets a bit more frustrated and angry than everybody else, and his sister is a typical movie heroine, pretty and dramatic.

There are times when it gets to be too much even for me and then there is lots of colorful language and fist shaking at KESC.