Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finished shalwar tutorial, and what comes next?

Asalamu alaikum,

I have finally finished the second belt shalwar tutorial! This shalwar has a wider leg and a slightly looser feel, which I personally prefer.

It was pretty easy to get the cutting/sewing and all the pics, the difficult part was the uploading and trying to explain what I'd done! But finally I have finished, and have scheduled the posts for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday of the coming week. It was a very pic heavy post so I split it into three parts. Please do excuse my horrible dark pictures, Tariq has just fixed the tube light in my sewing room so I hope in future it will not be so dark. :-)

Also I am considering what to do next, tutorial wise, and I had an interesting idea. I am planning a tutorial of necklines, but I was thinking what if instead of one big tutorial, I broke it up into smaller pieces? It would be similar to my "Friday Feature", every week(or maybe every other week), I could post a different style or design. I think it might be better this way, give me a weekly deadline.

So- comments? questions? suggestions? requests? Let me know what you think, if you have any thing in particular that you would like to see a tutorial on.

8 comments:

Kaighla said...

I love your tutorials! I dont really have any suggestions except keep 'em coming!

Umm Mini said...

Salaam alaykum,

Looking forward in seeing the tutorial.

I think it's a good idea to split it up in parts, maybe 1 neckline a week. Then we have something to look forward to and enough time to try it ourselves insha'Allah.

Anonymous said...

Salam alaikum, I've been reading your blog for a while and I really enjoy all the anecdotes and sewing tips.

I would really appreciate it if you did a neckline tutorial inshaAllah as I have been struggling with machine sewing closed and open necklines.

Is there anyway you could do an abaya tutorial, showig step by step how to make the pattern, cut and then sew it all together?

Other than that just wanted to say you have a great blog and i look forward to Friday features. I am a revert muslimah and will soon be getting married to my own Karachi guy and find you really hit it spot on with alot of your posts.

Salam

Adventurous Ammena said...

masha'allah... maybe I should try and get into this sort of stuff. Next time Im in Pak intending on stocking up on fabric... how about the high necks? manadarin stylee, thats what I got most of my suits made with. Do you put piping on your suits aswell? I had a few made up with piping along the edgings and I love them

Aishah said...

Salams and thank you to everybody!

Anonymous- An abaya tutorial would be a very interesting project, and I am kind of in need of a new one, so InshAllah, I might work one up.

Ammena-It is fun, and I don't spend nearly as much on tailors. Also I don't have to worry that my suit will get ruined anymore if they make a mistake, now all the mistakes are on me ;-)

I love mandarin collars! I am not quite as strong with collar necks though, so they still need a bit more practice. I do a lot of piping, it is really simple and always looks so nice, that will probably be one of the first tutorials.

sara said...

Salam,
Love ur tutorials...I think and really want to know the shirt with panels.If you can please work on that.The way you explain is really easy to get you.So please i request to let us knoew how to stich a shirt with pannels.That is in fashion now adays.

Umm Mini said...

salaam alaykum,

That mandarin collar I'd love to know as well. Most of my shirt have that. But I'm happy with everything you can show.

Aishah said...

Salams,

Sara, do you mean the triangular types of panels that make a frock shaped type of kameez or the side panels, like a kurta?

Umm Mini, InshAllah I will try to work on that one, it is one of my favorite neck styles.