My Pi shawl is done!
Pattern:Pi shawl(July) from the Knitter's Almanac
Yarn:8 skeins(roughly 800 yards) random red acrylic from Abu Dhabi, and 2.5 skeins(roughly 500 yards but I am not exactly sure) "Parley", also acrylic that we got in the market.
Details:I used the exact lace patterns suggested in the Almanac but shortened the last pattern repeat(due to running out of red), and did only one row of diamonds on the outside. The black border is the sideways knitted on garter border, 10 stitches wide. I was just going to leave it unblocked until I read about a technique for blocking acrylic on Ravelry, where you use an iron to steam it slightly(being careful not to melt it). The good thing is that being acrylic it will not have to be blocked again after washing. The unblocked diameter was 44 inches, and after blocking the diameter was 66 inches. In this shawl there are more than 43,000 stitches(I was so excited to find out how many), and it took three months and six days to complete(it hibernated for about a month because I had to go buy the black) This is the largest project I have completed so far, Alhamdulillah it is DONE! I feel like dancing and singing at the top of my lungs!