Monday, October 5, 2009

No Knitting here folks

Asalam Alaikum,
A couple of days ago, instead of knitting I was brushing up one of my lesser used hobbies. Shuttle tatting, my mom learned when I was maybe 10 or so and I picked up a bit from her. I never really used it for anything or completed anything except the odd butterfly or two. Recently I have been lurking in a tatters group on Ravelry and I was fascinated by the dragon challenge, so I pulled out my shuttles and got to work practicing so that I will be able to make one of these.

Here is a picture of my practice pieces.

4 comments:

Sydney said...

Huh. That's pretty cool. I can't wait to see the finished project!

sleepybeauty said...

hi.. i wonder where i can buy knitting yarn around abu dhabi. been to magrudy's but is there any other option for more variety and cheaper price (considering i just start knitting)
thanks

Maven said...

How easy is it to start up with tatting?

Aishah said...

It is pretty easy, you don't really need much in the way of supplies. Videos are a big help, the "Flip" used to form the knots is easier to see in action than in a book. It is also a bit more portable than crochet(except maybe for thread crochet) or knitting because it tends to take up less space.