Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Story Time

Asalam Alaikum,
One of Saad's favorite books(or boo as he calls them) is Mouse Cookies & More: A Treasury.



When we are picking out a book to read, he usually shakes his head no to all books until you pick this one. He wants to read it over and over and over, so I guess it is a good thing that I like it otherwise I would go a little crazy!

His second favorite(and my first favorite) is Love You Forever. Sometimes it makes me a little teary. This was another one that we had when I was younger. When I took a child-birth class before Saad was born our instructor read this aloud to the class, and most of the Moms-To-Be were misty(the Dads-To-Be were too, but they will never admit to it!).

Both of these are really great books, and if you have kids(or soon will!) I really recommend them.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Oh I LOVE Love You Forever. When I was in 4th grade my teacher's mother died suddenly and fairly tragically and she was trying to read that to us since it was her Mom's favorite book when she was a kid, but she started crying half-way through it, so I got up and read it to the class instead. That's stuck with me all these years and I think of that every time I think of that book. Sad, but very heart-warming.